Friday 14 December 2012

Christmas Nails

11 Days Until Christmas !
 
Recently, I have been trying my hand at Christmas nails. I am not very talented in painting my nails as it is and its usually pretty sloppy. Especially when it comes to doing my left hand since I am useless with my right hand. However, in the spirit of Christmas and thanks to pinterest I have been inspired to try Christmas patterns on my nails. I have two this past week so far. My nail color never lasts fully more than two days when I work because I am ALWAYS washing my hands and dealing with chemicals that just live to take off nail polish. The first design I did was just gold, green and red stripes! It was for the most part pretty basic looking, but took forever! I need a much steadier hand. In the end it turned out ok - or it must have - because I got some compliments from co-workers and a nurse.
 The second one I just completed about 20 minutes ago. It is a Christmas Light pattern. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find objects around my house that could make small little light size dots on my nails without looking ridiculous with no prevail. So I have to use a make up sponge and dont very slowly. Some of the light bulbs turned out larger than others - this is a pattern I will need to practise more! But I do really like it.

The next ones I am thinking about is blue and white snowflake pattern, and/or a red and white Santa design. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know :)


D

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool! You know I'm going to love the blue snowflakes :) Hey, an easy peasy one would be red and white candy cane stripes eh?

    ReplyDelete