Friday 16 May 2014

Ipsy May

Time for my monthly review of my ipsy glam bag subscription! I feel like I just did one of these because I am yet again slacking on publishing blog posts! What do you people want to see more of? I need some inspiration.

The theme for May was "fresh picks".

I really liked the bag this time. It is made of a canvas material and the pattern is nice. It definitely fits in with the theme.

1. Crown Brush - Chisel Shader 
Makeup brushes are always awesome to have, can't complain here.
2. Pacifica - Mineral Eyeshadow Duo
This duo came in two color options, purple & white and Brown & Beige. I was happy that I got the purple duo but overall I was disappointed by the product. The color pay off is terrible. I swatched on my finger and only got a clear shimmer returned. I tried to create an eye look with this duo and had to use at least 5 coats to make the color actually show - which is a huge pain. Probably won't go through the effort again, sadly.
3. Hey Honey - Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
This item was not something i thought I would enjoy but for the hell of it I tried it out. It was really cool.  Felt like I was putting honey on my face which actually felt pretty good. Once it dries you just peel the mask off, that was pretty cool too. I didn't necessarily feel or see any results afterwards and it almost felt like it left a film on my face so I ended up cleaning my face afterwards. May or may not use again. 
4. Pur~lisse - Pur~moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer
Moisturizer is another one of those things that's always good to have around. I use moisturizer on a daily basis, so i know ill use this. I tried it out already, nothing mind blowing just a basic moisturizer that does its job.
5. Hang Ten - Classic Sport SPF50
I like the bright packaging for this sun screen. This will come in useful very soon since (hopefully) summer is right around the corner. Small sizes like this are nice for carrying around in the purse.

I wish I would have received more make up products and less skin products this month, especially since the eye shadow was a bust for me.

Want to receive your own bag each month? CLICK HERE





XOXO D ⚓

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babe,you asked for input,.......any products made of canvas or burlap are a sure winner...keep promoting these products, find some more ...they are the best.

    ReplyDelete