Wednesday 29 April 2015

5 Star Fitness Challenge

When me and Anthony joined our gym at the end of Jan (how stereotypical, I know) we also signed up for our gyms 12 week fitness transformation challenge. That included 12 weeks of weigh-ins and meal diary logging. On day one our trainer took down our measurements and body fat percentage. Apparently, we were supposed to get "before" photos taken as well but no one told us! That was a major bummer when they called us to take our "after" photos and we had no "before" to compare.  

Body Fat Percentage:  23%  20%
Weight in LBs:  149   140 

So starting today (3 months in) I am going to take my official "before" photos. Even though I've been at it for 3 months I am sure not a whole lot has really changed, I certainly can't tell. But these photos will be useful for me down the road at the 6 month or 1 year mark when I want to see if there's any progress. I got Anthony to take these awkward photos for me and I am going to share with - hopefully - no judgement. And at milestones I will update with my progress. 


Honestly I am so happy with myself for sticking out for 3 months already. I am feeling very motivated almost on a daily basis. Having a break day is just as good! I know 3 months doesn't seem like a long time but my track record is not very good at all. The best part about being active (besides feeling great, duh) is the athletic fashion!

Can I have all this?

Need some motivation? Try creating a Pinterest board for inspiration, check out mine for ideas!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Just think of the results you'll see by the end of the year! Don't forget to log into your food diary on myfitnesspal every day. Hey, you should get a Vivofit like mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, myfitnesspal was super useful I need to make myself do it more.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are doing a great job. I love your Pinterest Board. I will have to follow you on MyFitnessPal. (I follow your mom and she is doing fantastic)

    Laughed when I saw the Run Now Wine Later, I have that engraved on my iPod.

    Tomorrow I am starting a 30 day Plank Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! You are a great inspiration, I wish I could run like you do everyday.

      My mom does a fantastic job on myfitnesspal but I have fallen off the radar. I really need to get back into it though.

      OMG, I love that you have that on your IPod - It is the best quote!

      Good luck on your plank challenge :)

      Delete