Friday 11 April 2014

Mini Haul + Spring Cleaning




Its Spring and that means spring cleaning time, aka empty out my messy closet! I am very pleased the amount of stuff I let go. I usually have an issue with giving away my clothes. I always think "well I might wear this one day. Or it would look good with this" and then I put it back in the closet where it sits for another year. So I was much more harsh this time around! I got 4 fairly decent piles for giveaway and a big bag of stuff that's garbage.

When you empty this many clothes from your closet it leaves room for new stuff - the nest part! So now I give yo u a mini haul. Anthony's mom came down for a few days and we went shopping, of course.  I got a few things I thought I would show off.

Fresh Sugar Coral Tinted Lip Treatment
Price: $26.00
We went to Sephora to pick up some stuff for Anthony's sister and I couldn't just NOT buy anything. My BF Amy reviewed this product on her blog recently and I needed to try it! I have tried the Fresh Sugar lip balm treatment before and I loved it. Now that they have made tinted ones I had to get it. Sometimes wearing straight lip stick doesn't always work out for me because my lips are so chapped. Having a lip treatment and lipstick combined into one makes my lips look healthy again and the colour pay off is amazing, just like a normal lipstick, not like a gloss.  P.S. these are a bit pricey for a lip product but I only wanted one to try so I splurged :) 

Forever 21 Bralette
Price: $5.80
I have been on the search for one of these for about a month.  Emily from Pretty Little Lairs wore one under a lower cut top and it looks so cool! I saw one at Charlotte Russe a few weeks ago but didn't have my pay check yet. If you've ever shopped there you know stuff goes out of stock super quick. Luckily I found a similar one at Forever21 this week.  That store is godsend. 

Floral Flouncy Shorts
Price: $10.00
I died when I saw these at Sirens. So freaking cute for spring and summer, light weight, and comfortable as well. I love the colours, pattern and style. They sit higher up on your waist and still cover my ass, which is a huge issue these days. The shorts they make just DO NOT cut it.  Its like wearing underwear! Finding a good pair of jean shorts this summer is probably going to be a challenge. 

Leopard Shorts
Price: $10.00
These are supposed to leopard shorts, not sure if they totally make the cut but that's what I'm calling them.  There is a fine line between PJ bottom and cute shorts here so I am hoping I do not cross it. I figure if I wear them with a pair of wedges I should be okay.  And obviously a top that doesn't look like a top you would wear to bed. I loved these before they are so comfortable!

Garage Lace Peplum Top
Price: $5.00
I actually found this top at Plato's closet, but it is Garage brand. I only paid $5.00 for it and its in perfect condition, I can image it being at least $20.00-30.00 brand new in store. I LOVE going to Plato's Closet. If you have the time and the patience to do some serious searching then its totally worth it. 

So that's it for my mini haul! Soon there will likely be a big ass Spring/Summer haul on the way because I am just itching to buy all the cute dresses and skirts that I have been seeing in window displays and online. It probably won't be until May though because I put a massive chunk of my pay this week onto my visa - damn bills.  

XOXO D ⚓

2 comments:

  1. LOL...and which pile was Aeries on?
    My fave item was the floral flouncy shorts :)
    Can't wait to see your next haul of summer finery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna see the BIG ASS summer Haul......Good stuff Babe!

    ReplyDelete