Wednesday 14 August 2013

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Jalapeno Popper Chicken


Going along with the theme from yesterday's appetizer, I made Jalapeno Popper Chicken for dinner.  This one a little bit more involved but still not hard. It uses cream cheese as well, I am loving the cream cheese as it creates a creamy texture that I love.  This was really good but very filling for me.

As requested:
1. Fry 1 cup of Panko using oil until golden brown - remove from heat. Add 2 tsp of taco seasoning to panko.
2. Whisk an egg in a separate container
3. In another container mix together 2 peppers, 4 oz of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese to create the filling.
4. Cut a slit into each chicken breast big enough to create a pocket. Fill pocket with filling mixture.
5. HARD PART ** coat each chicken breast in beaten egg and roll in fried panko. (very tricky to keep everything together, and very messy.)
6. Cook at 375' for about one hour.

Quantities of each ingredient really depend upon how many breasts you are planning to make. I made four so my ingredients are for four servings. Adjust as you like/need.

I didn't serve mine with anything because I found the chicken very filling on its own, and Anthony was already asleep so it was just me eating. I would probably suggest a light side, like a salad.

D


4 comments:

  1. You should have included the recipe because you know Dad is going to want to try this one out. What did you serve with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good. I agree with Mom recipe please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for the recipe Desiree. Good thing you added it...I never would have thought to fry the panko first!

      Delete